Thursday, July 13, 2006

Amazon Interview(Round 1)

Recently I under went Amazon interview and have received the offer letter.
Following are the details of interviews.


Round 1: Telephonic

I think my first round was more of patience than of intellect. Interview was fixed three times. I was made to wait for 1.5 hours each on first 2 instances and finally was interviewed on the third time. Round1 went for 45 minutes.

Question 1:
Resume walk through, mainly concentrated on my latest project. Asked me my best and most challenging project and the questions revolved around those.

Question 2: Intersection of two arrays. Though he reframed the question but the basic point was that I was given two arrays and I have to find singe array which is intersection of the 2 input arrays.
Solution: I used Java set collection and gave a decent explanation then i was asked to write code for that.

So the above 2 questions took full time. The basic points of the first round were to be very much clear about what one has written in resume. Also be ready to write some proper code (in whatever language you prefer)

No comments: